BEACON OF LIGHT SCHOOL, SUNDERLAND
Teacher of Experience-Based Learning & Physical Wellbeing
Employer Beacon of Light School
Contract type Full Time
Contract term Permanent
Posted 9th July 2021
Closing date 13th July 2021
Interview Thursday 14th July 2021
We are currently seeking to appoint a passionate, committed and experienced teacher who is also an outstanding practitioner to join us from September 2021. This key appointment will play a vital role in shaping the ethos, vision and values of our school and make a positive impact on our young people, their families, communities, and future. We are creating an environment for personalised Experience-Based Learning educational opportunities, where there are highest expectations for all members of the school community – this appointment is key to embedding these aims and aspirations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, ambitious professional to join our new department and to develop experienced based learning provision across the entire school. Physical wellbeing delivery at KS3&4 will also be a requirement of the role. It offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote learning and achievement and work within a middle management position.
The successful applicant will:
· Lead and inspire a love of learning in Experience Based Learning
· Develop and co-construct an exciting and inspirational curriculum with wellbeing at its core
· Be part of the school development, values and vision
· Be an inspirational and creative practitioner who maximises the potential of students and staff.
· Be a practitioner with a proven record of raising and maintaining high educational standards.
· Possess the ability to enthuse, inspire and motivate staff and students alike
· Be able to teach physical wellbeing at GCSE
· Be able to teach Outdoor education to KS3&4 students
· Maximise achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
· Contribute to the planning and development of the experienced based learning curriculum.
· Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
· Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school, our business links and vocational/employability agenda, and the personal development of our students
In return we offer:
· A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of the Experienced Based Learning department and use your skills and experience to impact across the wider school community
· The opportunity to work within an ambitious, forward-thinking and highly supportive team
· Support and development for your teaching skills
· The scope to take a love of physical wellbeing well beyond the classroom
· The opportunity to make a difference
Opened in September 2016, the Beacon of Light School is a unique Alternative Provision for young people aged 13-16. Situated within brand new, purpose-built premises since September 2018, our curriculum offer provides life- changing opportunities to the students who attend, not only in terms of improved educational outcomes but also in the longer term outcomes of training, work and economic wellbeing.
Students are at the very heart of our school community and we are passionate about embedding strong foundations and values for their future achievement and success. We recognise every student is an individual and celebrate this through personalised, inspiring and authentic learning experiences designed to nurture talent, build character and shape futures.
By investing in our young people today we will secure the future they deserve – enabling them to learn more, do more and be more.
The Beacon of Light School is committed to safeguarding children.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are as excited by this challenge as we are and think this might be the role for you please log onto our website for more information: www.foundationoflight.co.uk to download an application form.
Completed forms supported by a letter of application should be addressed to Jackie Smith, School Business Manager or sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 13th July 2021